(We open on the roof of the Boys' apartment. Sach appears on the roof first, in his hat, shorts, and shirtsleeves. It's dusk, and a beautiful sunset is spreading across lower Manhattan.)

Sach: Oh boy, does it feel nice up here! (He looks down) Come on, guys! We've gotta get this done, so we can watch our new TV!

Slip: I'm comin', Sach! *appears next*

Bobby: (He comes up in a white t-shirt and shorts) How did you get that little thing, anyway?

Whitey: *Appears next, wearing a gray t-shirt and shorts* Oh boy, I love te roof at this time of day!

Slip: *Goes to Sach; he wears his hat, a dark t-shirt, and beige shorts* If you make us hold tin foil while touchin' this antenna...

Sach: No, chief, I wouldn't do that! We just need to attach it to the roof an ' aim it the right way!

Slip: An' just which way is the right way, hmmmm?

Sach: Uhhh... (Turns around) Which way is WOR?

Slip: How should I know?

Bobby: Just stick it somewhere!

Sach: Where's the highest place? (Looks around)

Slip: *Mutters* I know where I'd like ta stick it...

Butch: (He comes up late, carrying the antenna; wears shorts, a tank top, and sandals) Guys, hold on! You forgot the hardware!

Satch: Oop! I knew I forgot somethin'.

Slip: Ya'd ferget yer head if it weren't detached.

Bobby: Where's Chuck? Still moping downstairs?

Chuck: *Comes up last, wearing a familiar black and gray striped shirt, dark shorts, and sneakers without socks* I'm here.

Sach: (Throws his arm around Chuck) Hey there, buddy! Doesn't it feel nice up here?

Chuck: *Shrugs* It's alright.

Butch: You're still upset about the other day.

Chuck: I'm not upset.

Slip: *Annoyed* Are we puttin' up an antenna or what?

Sach: Sure! (He goes over to the center of the roof) Hmm. Do ya think this is high enough?

Slip: It prob'ly is.

*Chuck walks away from them, wandering around the edge of the rooftop and occasionally looks over the side.*

Sach: Ok, then. Who wants to get on my shoulders and put it on?

Whitey: I'll help you, Sach!

Sach: Ok, then! Chiefy, you help Whitey on my shoulders.

Slip: A'right. *takes Whitey's arm and helps him up, then spots him*

Butch: (Goes to Chuck) What are you doin'? (Nods at Whitey and Sach wobbling this way and that) Other than enjoying the show.

Chuck: *Shrugs; he's still looking out over the edge at the buildings surrounding theirs* Just lookin'.

Sach: Whoaaa! (He totters to one side) Careful, Whitey! (He tries to lean over to put the antenna up, but misses)

Whitey: Sorry! I thought I was close enough!

Sach: Whooooooa! (They come very close to the edge near where Chuck and Butch are; Bobby and Slip lunge for them and pull them back)

Whitey: Sach, careful!

Slip: Sach, ya crazy maniac, hold still!

Sach: I got it... (He lunges for it...and misses) I don't got it. (He falls into a line of clothes drying)

*Chuck sees the antics, but doesn't even crack a smile.*

Sach: I can't see! I can't see! Chiefy, help me! I've lost my eyes! I'm blind!

Slip: *yanks a pair of shorts off Sach's head, then shoves them at him* Quit playin' around.

Sach: I can see! Thanks, Chief!

Bobby: (He points to the roof) Guys, over here!

Butch: (Grins at Chuck) Ain't they crazy?

Chuck: *Sighs* Yeah.

Sach: Maybe this ain't workin'. Maybe what we need is a ladder.

Bobby: Who wants to go downstairs and get one?

Butch: I will. (Pats Chuck's shoulder) I'll be back in a minute.

*Chuck nods, his expression remaining neutral.*

Sach: (Turns to Chuck with a grin) Aren't you excited? Now we can see anythin' we want from our own home!

Chuck: *Shrugs* I guess so.

Slip: *Leans close to Chuck and mutters* Wanna look like ya care?

*Chuck just scowls a little.*

Sach: Don't ya at least wanna see wrestlin' and Jack Benny?

Chuck: I lasted this long without seeing them. *heads back for the side again*

Butch: I'm back! I got the ladder! Ma says to be careful with it, though. It's the only one she has. (He comes upstairs with a long wooden ladder)

Whitey: That'll work great!

Sach: I'm goin' up the ladder. Who wants to hold me?

Bobby: (Snorts) That's a loaded phrase.

Slip: *Nods* No kiddin'.

Whitey: I'll hold the ladder for you, Sach.

Sach: Ok, Whitey! I trust you. These guys would probably just knock it down.

Slip: *Smirks* Ya know us too well, Sach.

*Chuck stops at the corner farthest from everyone and looks out over the city.*

Sach: Ok, then. Now, how are we gonna get this to stay up?

Bobby: Anyone got any Scotch tape?

Whitey: I got some gum!

Slip: *Produces a roll of tape* I got duct tape.

*Chuck leans forward on the corner, still looking out.*

Sach: Thanks. (He starts to tape it to the top of the roof...or tries. It leans forward) Hey! (He lunges for it...too hard. He almost throws Whitey off-balance)

Whitey: *Yelps* Saaaaach!

Slip: Quit overplayin' the field!

*Chuck hasn't moved and isn't paying attention to the others.*

Butch: (Nods at the others) They do look pretty silly, don't they?

*Chuck still doesn't respond. He just keeps staring out.*

Sach: I'm ok, Chief...whoa! (He yanks at the antenna, pulling it out of the chimney and almost falling the other way)

Whitey: Sach!

Slip: *Grabs the back of Sach's shirt* SAAAACH!

Sach: Whoa...whoa! (Falls backwards onto Slip)

*This causes Slip to fall over as well. The two go sprawling on the roof.*

Slip: *Grunts* Sach...

*Chuck sighs and moves from the corner, still tracing the edge of the roof.*

Sach: (Looks down) Thanks for breakin' my fall, Chief! You're really soft!

Slip: Get. OFF!

Sach: Oop! (He jumps up) Let's try this again. (Scrambles back up the ladder)

Butch: (Laughs) This is better than a Laurel and Hardy short!

*Chuck just walks away from Butch.*

Slip: *Yells at Sach* Now stay up there this time!

Sach: Ok, ok! (He wraps the duct tape around the antenna) I love this stuff. It fixes anything.

*Chuck leans over where the fire escape ladder reaches the roof.*

Butch: (He frowns) Chuck? Are you ok? Is the heat getting to you? Maybe we should get you in the baby pool.

Chuck: I don't know why I'm even up here.

Butch: To keep the other guys from killing each other.

Chuck: Hm.

Butch: Chuck, we need you. We need your good, sensible head and quietness and how you always manage to say more with your eyebrows than your brother says with his mouth.

*Chuck regards Butch for a moment, almost looking like he's going to quirk an eyebrow at him, but just sighs instead.*

Chuck: Sorry, Butch.

Whitey: *Yelps* Sach, those're my fingers! Lemme get my fingers out before you tape!

Sach: Oop! Sorry! (He tries to remove the tape, but he lunges forward too fast and tips)

*Slip quickly catches the ladder and puts it back in place.*

Sach: (He unwinds the tape) Here ya go, Whitey.

Whitey: *Smiles* Thanks, Sach.

*Chucks heads for the door to go back inside & downstairs.*

Sach: Sure! (He winds the tape) Hey Chief, does it look like it's standing up?

Slip: *Makes a face* Hope ya didn't want it straight.

*Chuck goes in the door and into the stairwell to go downstairs.*

Sach: Oop! I'll fix it. (He lunges again, once more wobbling) Ok, is it straight now?

Slip: Sach, leave it alone. *sighs, then glances around* Where's Chuck?

Butch: He went downstairs.

Sach: (He comes off the ladder) He'd better not be watchin' wrestlin' before I get a chance to!

Bobby: I think he's still not feeling right.

Slip: *shakes his head, ignoring Sach* I ain't got a clue of what ta do about him.

Sach: He'll feel better once we're watchin' the Dodgers on TV!

Butch: (Nods) And all the variety shows!

Slip: Somehow, I doubt that.

Sach: Come on, Chiefy! I wanna see the Dodgers! They're gonna kick the Yankees right into the Hudson!

(He goes down first quickly. We hear a Goofy yell and some noise like someone falling.)

Sach: (Off-camera; on the bottom of the stairs) I'm all right! But watch that first step. It's a beauty!

Slip: *Unnerved* I think he found the loose step again.

Bobby: I'll go down next. I've lead a full life. (He does...and we hear no noise)

Butch: I'll make sure it's ok for you, Chief! (He's next.)

Whitey: I'll triple check it! *goes down next*

*Slip just shakes his head and follows them, pulling the door closed after him.*

(The camera lingers on the duct-taped antenna and the ladder for a few moments after the door slams. Then the antenna lists...and tips over. We fade out on the leaning antenna and the rapidly darkening sky.)